Make your ordinary day special with this delicious Italian dessert called Tiramisu. This no-bake recipe is made of coffee flavoured dessert. Made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar mascarpone cheese and flavoured with cocoa. .
- 1 ½ cup of coffee (espresso/ brewed/ instant)
- 2 to 3 tbsp of rum or brandy (optional)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- Mascarpone cheese or 2 bars of cream cheese
- 1 to 2 packs ladyfingers
- ¾ cup heavy whip cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (for dusting)
How to make the tiramisu
- Coffee syrup. Combine hot coffee and rum, stir and set aside or let it cool.
- Make the cream. Combine egg yolks and granulated sugar in a medium heat proof bowl and set over the pot with simmering water. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Start whisking constantly until sugar dissolves and custard thickens. Remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool.
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and vanilla extract into the egg yolk mixture. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whip cream from medium to high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- To assemble. Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture for one to two seconds. Do not over soaked.
- Set up the first layer of the coffee-soaked ladyfingers. Arrange side by side to fit them in your dish. Spread enough tiramisu cream for the first layer. Then repeat for the second layer. Add the rest of the tiramisu cream mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder on top.